“Save one life and you’re a hero. Save a hundred and you’re a nurse.”
Nurses are one of the most dedicated workforces that can be found in any profession around the globe. They are responsible for the primary treatment, day-to-day care of a patient and play a role as important as a doctor in saving lives. The statement that nurses form the backbone of the health workforce is better illustrated by the fact that nurse’s form over 60% of the health workforce in India. Although that might seem like a lot, the patient-to-nurse ratio in India is nowhere near the WHO specified standard and India is still facing a shortage of nurses.
In such a job market that is facing an acute shortage and expecting an increase in demand, taking up nursing as a career after 12th is a great option for any student. For dedicated students who have managed to get into one of the top nursing colleges in India, nursing courses even offer excellent career prospects ABROAD.
The department offers 4 years B.Sc. Nursing programme. The department trains the students in 05 major specialities:
- Community Health Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Obstetric and Gynaecological Nursing
The department has state of the art laboratories for the professional training of the budding nurses. The laboratories are well equipped with modern instruments and equipment. Students of the department get hands on experience in critical training to solve real life medical problems in the departmental labs, some of which are: Nursing foundation Lab, Advance Nursing Lab, Nutrition lab, Maternal & Child Health lab, Community Health Nursing Lab, Preclinical Science lab, Computer Lab, X- ray Facility, Dental OT & Ultrasound and Imaging Centre
Job opportunities which are available by doing Nursing course:
- Staff Nurses
- Ward Sister or Nursing Supervisor
- Departmental Supervisor / Assistant Nursing Superintendent
- Deputy Nursing Superintendent
- Nursing Superintendent
- Director of Nursing
- Community Health Nurse
- Teaching in Nursing
- Industrial Nurse
- Military Nurse
- Nursing Services Abroad
- Nursing Service Administrative Positions
- Nursing Education Administrative Position
- Our nursing institutions are attached with 100 bedded parental hospital within the Campus.
- Own spacious college and hostel building constructed as per the INC norms, New Delhi.
- Well experienced and dedicated faculty.
- Very good infrastructure with many facilities like lecture hall with LCD projectors and sound
system, labs, library with digital availability, 1250 capacity auditorium and examination hall.
- Facilities for indoor and outdoor games under the guidance of the Physical Director.
- Hostel and Mess facility with high security and nutritious food.
- Canteen and store facility within the campus.
- External classes by medical college faculty.
- Overall development of a student by teacher-student guidance and counselling sessions.
- Periodic continuing nursing education programmes, conferences and workshops conducted to keep the nursing fraternity on par with advanced technologies.
Award of Degree:
- After passing in all the four parts of the examination, a candidate will be awarded B.Sc. in Nursing degree under the seal of the University and signed by the Vice Chancellor.
- The student who will secure the first place with first class shall receive a certificate of merit along with the degree.
- Educational trips are arranged from time to time during the course for the students.
College of Nursing: Admission Policy
- All the candidates who are looking forward to taking admission and pursuing courses for B.Sc. Nursing are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per INC and Atal Bihari Vajpayee University, Lucknow guidelines. Further more information about the courses that we offer has been described in the Courses section and can also be consulted directly with given contact numbers.
DR Hospital (For teaching & Training)
- RBMI Group of Institutions is to be a partner in building India a world leader in Technical, Management, Pharmacy, Medical Education & Healthcare.
- In order to accomplish our vision DR Hospital of 100-Bed Critical Access Hospital get Established in 2018, which is Located in Bari Nagla, Near ITBP, Badaun Road, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh.
- DR Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital with digital X Ray, Ultrasound and Pathology lab facility. The hospital has well equipped OPD with Surgeon, Orthopractic, Gynaecologist & General physician. It has a fully running Dental clinic too. DR Hospital is also accredited by the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana to meet the needs of its populations.